☆ Gyaru 109 Meme ☆



¡Helloooooo! \(≧▽≦)/ 

Gyaru 109 Month is here! And of course, I want to join in the activities Reila organized during this month. The first one is a blog challenge, a Gyaru Meme! Soooooo, let's start! (✧ω✧) (as always, my English is not good, but I'll try, hehe).

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ Name / Gyaru nickname and country ☆
I'm Alba (Exilia) and I'm from Barcelona, Spain. (ノ*°▽°*)

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ Since when are you gyaru? ☆
I don't like to consider myself gyaru… at least, not at 100%. I'm just a girl who likes to follow and admire the “real gyarus” (both Japanese and gaijins). Also, I love shopping on Mercari/Fril and wear CO*DEs from gal brands, follow magazine trends, attempt the gyaru makeup and put false nails on weekends… but it's something I can't dedicate the time I would like, so… IDK, it's hard to express xD Gyaru is more than a fashion trend or a japanese subculture, is a lifestyle, and atm, I don't combine this type of lifestyle with my day-to-day life… I'm still working on it :). I discovered gyaru more than 10 years ago, but I got more seriously involved with the style…. only a few months ago! ╰(▔∀▔)╯

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ How did you discover the style? ☆
Through the Super Gals manga (oh, what a surprise xD). In those years was trying to find similar clothing, desperately wanted platform shoes, I dyed my hair for the first time… and then tried to recreate outfits,  wear false nails… all with fatal results xDDDDDD… Later, I joined a very famous forum in the Spanish community called Gals4Ever (unfortunately it was deleted, but I rescued it thanks to Wayback Machine). From there I got a lot of information and met many of the most active gals and circles (Hysterical and Yasei mainly). Thereafter, I started to looking for scans, follow Japanese and gaijin gals, read blogs, try to improve my makeup skills, get some clothes from gyaru brands… until today. (*ノωノ)

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ What's your current substyle? Why do you like it? ☆
My main substyle is gyaru-kei, and I usually dress rokku. Some days I like to go more casual and others I feel more rocker and punky and I take out all my spiked chokers and my Dr. Martens xD. I really like this substyle because my favorite brand is Maison Gilfy, a very rock-ish and grunge brand.

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ What are your current booms? ☆
Reila discovered me the marvelous brand Liz Lisa Doll, and I'm really obsessed with some items (I made a little haul in a previous post, you can check it here). Other booms I've are, of course, Maison Gilfy \(≧▽≦)/ bc it's the best brand ever, and I'll not stop until I get all my dream pieces.
Also, I've been obsessed with old JELLYs (2008/09 onwards) because I'm finding a lot of inspiration and trends who I want to try.

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ Share 3 of your fav codes. Why do you like them so much? ☆
I choose three of my last CO*DEs, bc I feel very comfortable with them but in a different ways: one more boyish, another more sexy and the third one, more rock-ish!


☆ T-SHIRT + PANTS: MAISON GILFY

☆ ACCESSORIES: MAISON GILFY / BACKS

☆ SHOES: VANS



☆ DRESS: MAISON GILFY

☆ ACCESSORIES: MAISON GILFY / BACKS

☆ SHOES: GRL



☆ T-SHIRT: TUTUHA

☆ SHORTS: OFFBRAND

☆ ACCESSORIES: MAISON GILFY / BACKS / OFFBRAND

☆ SHOES: LOCAL STORE

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ Share 3 things your learned during your Gyaru journey. ☆
  Don't be afraid to experiment. Gyaru is a style that can be represented in a thousand ways (mixing make-up, hairstyle, clothes, etc.), so don't be afraid to try to mix things you like. ( ´ ▿ ` )
  Let youserlf be adivsd by the community. There are people who have been gyaru for many years and have a lot of experience, and are happy to give improvement tips to people who are just starting in the style. These aren't comments with bad intentions, so it's important to listen and learn from these people  (but stay away from profiles like Gyaru Secrets, they're just evil xD).
  Ignore bad comments from “normie” people. Let me explain. Gyaru is a very colorful and extreme style depending on which sub style you follow (for example, if you like old school, and use manba makeup). Over the years people have become more respectful, but we always find some disrespectful persons who will throw bad words, messing with our makeup or way of dressing. Ignore them. Dress proud your gyaru clothes and make up the way you like and just…. Get wild and be sexy! ☆

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ Share 3 gaijin gals and 3 Japanese gals you look up to. 
Only 3?? OMG, that's so hard. I'm going to get nostalgic, and name the gals that in the past made me fall in love with this wonderful subculture that unites us. <3

 Gaijin Gals  


Cale, Hiki and Emu

Three beautiful Spanish gals. Years ago I read and reread their blogs and admired all the outfits and makeup they uploaded. They inspired me a lot! \(★ω★)/


 Japanese Gals  


Maipuu, Maichi and Mipopo

My beloved JELLY girls. (╯✧▽✧)╯I love to get inspiration reading their old blogs (miraculously are still active) and watching scans from old JELLYs.

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ What's your favorite Gyaru memory? 
By far, assist events like "Salón del Manga" or "Japan Weekend" in Barcelona because there were fashion shows about gyaru fashion. It was a lot of fun, and it was always full of amazing gyarus.
Also, I miss the "golden years" of blogging, there were a lot of gals blogging daily (Japanese and gaijins) and I spent many hours reading and commenting. Those years were great. (≧▽≦)

────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

☆ What would do advice to people who want to start in the style but doesn't have the courage yet? 
I would ask them to go slowly. The beginnings are hard, and it can be frustrating at first not knowing how to put on circle lenses or false eyelashes. 
It's important to demand results from yourself, but never too much. Go slowly and practice, practice, practice! Read, learn from the magazines, from more experimented gals… and have fun!

─────
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────

That's all for now. Thank you for reading. ;)

XoXo! (✧∀✧)/


4 comentarios

  1. ¡Ay, como olvidarse de Hysterical! Para mí siguen siendo referentes total hahahaha.

    Yo también estuve en Gals4ever cotilleando especialmente los jaris que se montaban (😈) pero en realidad hay muchísimos recuerdos. Me dio rabia que se borrase también.

    Nos vemos jelly gal!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sisi marcaron una época! Tuve la suerte de conocer a algunas y eran un amor <3

      Jajajajaja si la verdad es que el drama estuvo bastante presente durante esos años xD tanto en el foro como luego en los blogs rollo Chogals... que bueno, dejando de lado los piques fueron unos años muy divertidos x'D

      Un saludito! :D

      Eliminar
  2. Tu outfit #2 me encanta! No se nota para nada que eres fan de Gilfy (lol)♥

    "No soy gyaru"... y procedes a darnos fotos de esos coords♥

    ResponderEliminar
  3. ẅ̷̨̙̞̬̳̗̞̮̎̃̽͑̕h̵̜̥̰̗͔̦͕̦̿̂̇͐͗͘͜a̷̡̳͔̪̬̭̘̞̺͇͊̃̌́̇́́̌͝ṫ̴̨̹͎̲̟͙̪͖̼͘'̸̣͚̥̳̮͐̑s̴̛̫͔͖̱̈́̈̅̒̃͘ ̴̢͈͎͇̘͊̾̌͑̑ͅǘ̵͙̰͚̳̈́̋̏͊̅̅͊ṕ̷̹̬͚̙͙̟̿ ̸̘̞̥̉̆͊̉͊̄̀̕͘͘ͅļ̷̧̯̐̋̊͆͂̀̄̍ơ̸̜͖̟̰̩̙̈́̿͋̇̽́́̄s̵̨̭̩͕̦̠̈̎͒͐̎̎̿͠e̸̢̡̳̗̝̬̲̻̦̿ͅŗ̷͍̂̏̋͐̂͝͝

    ResponderEliminar